These are fantastic tasting cookies with a great texture. In fact it is a favourite among some of my non-keto friends and family! The twist is the addition of Mozzarella cheese…it really improves the texture.
If they taste a little oily, then use a little less butter. Also feel free to add some cocoa powder if you want chocolate flavoured cookies. I prefer mine plain vanilla flavoured. Let me know in the comments how yours turn out!
Keto Almond Cookies
By December 4, 2012Published:
- Yield: 15 Cookies (15 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
Delicious Keto cookies and only 1.2 grams of net carbs per cookie!
- 250 grams Almond Flour
- 0.5 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 0.5 teaspoon Salt
- 100 grams butter (unsalted)
- 2 cups Splenda granulated
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg (whole)
- 1 egg (yolk)
- 1 cup Mozzarella grated
- Melt the butter. I do this in a coffee mug in the microwave. 45 seconds at 100% power.
- Grate the mozzarella cheese
- Place the whole egg and an egg yolk into a bowl and whisk for a few seconds. Then add the Mozzarella and mix together.
- Add the melted butter and the rest of the ingredients and mix together lightly with the whisk.
- Take a baking tray, and cover it with a layer of baking paper/parchment so the cookies are easy to remove. Then lay out the cookie dough into small cookie shaped pieces. Make sure they are evenly spaced and that there is enough empty space allowed for each one because it will settle and spread a little.
- Place in a pre-heated oven set to 180 degrees Celsius. After 10 minutes I recommend gently pushing down on each cookie with the bottom of a tablespoon. This stops the cookie from being too "fluffy". You can try it without doing this and see what your prefer.
- Stick them back in the oven for another 15 minutes until the cookies have a healthy golden brown colour on them
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes, then move them off the baking tray and onto a wire rack to cool down.